Wednesday, October 21, 2009

the great big pumpkin.

When I was in 6th grade we had a Halloween carnival at my elementary school and there was a great, big pumpkin! We had to guess the weight and the winner got to take it home. Well, I thought I would guess 105 but my mom said "Why don't you guess 106". I didn't listen and I guessed 105. Well it turned out to be 106 lbs! Two other people guessed 105 so they drew a name to pick the winner. I won, but if I had just listened to my mother I wouldn't have risked losing my great, big pumpkin. Anyways, I thought about this when we went to Trader Joe's and saw their great, big pumpkin. My mom and I guessed the weight. We each did different weights, so we will see if we win!
My guess - 134
Mom's guess - 128
(watch. its gonna be 128.)


ps. isn't it cool that they cut their logo into the pumpkin like that?

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Hahah, I remember guessing for that pumpkin at Chaparral too! I almost forgot about it, but I didn't know you won! Sweet! :P