Back in March after watching
Julie & Julia my mom made
tomato bruschetta. Now, I am not a tomato person, so when she made it I was thinking
yuck! but them I smelled it... and my mouth started watering.
What was wrong with me?!? I have never wanted to eat a tomato before! But it smelled so good and we were all sitting around the table eating, I just had to sneak a bite. I fell in LOVE! I ate three pieces right there. The next day I had more, but then it was gone. And honestly I was a little sad. Fast forward to two weeks ago. John and I went out to
Macaroni Grill and I saw they had bruschetta as an appetizer. I ordered it and ate it and I realized I had been craving this for the past few months. But theirs wasn't as good as moms. Then a couple days later we ended up at the
Souplantation and I got their Tomato Bruscetta pasta. Yummy, but still not as good as the first time. So finally I decided we need to make it! It just so happened that we had lots of tomatoes to use up so mom made tomato bruschetta... and I was in heaven! I couldn't get enough! I ate 4 pieces for dinner and finished it off for lunch the next day. I guess that although I'm not a tomato person I am a garlic person and garlic, tomato & basil is my favorite combo. [ oh & we added bell pepper also, yum]

my lunch.
salad w/ feta cheese & sliced turkey and tomato bruschetta
i've been wanting more every day since then.
5 comments:
I know how you feel. I can't agree with you on the bruschetta because I am not a tomato person either, and I'm not motivated enough to try it. But, I felt the same way about a chicken tortilla soup my sister made. It was full of stuff I don't normally eat, but I was pregnant and hungry the first time I tried it. I got the recipe and made it at least once a month. I'm starting to cut back now, but it's still a favorite. Enjoy it. It isn't every day you discover a food you can get excited about!
i just bought a bunch of yummy bread today so i can live off of bruschetta all summer long...
kat, i dunno if you have made it before. but don't go off the recipe that i linked. looking over it, it's really not what mom does at all. she puts oil or butter on the bread broils it in the oven or browns it in a pan of butter or oil and then rubs the garlic on it. also in the mixture we added bell peppers, a very little garlic, lemon juice and onion.
if you plan on eating this all summer, plan on smelling like garlic too. haha. :)
Yummmmm
Yum! my mouth is watering! and I can understand not being a store bought tomato person, but there is nothing yummier than homegrown tomatoes. Mmmmm.
Post a Comment